The Santoku is a general-purpose kitchen knife similar to the chef's knife. The blade of the Santoku is not as curved as a chef's knife, resulting in more of a chopping motion instead of a rocking motion. It performs well at slicing, dicing, and mincing.
- The Kullenschliff edge, also known as Granton, prevents food from sticking.
- Each knife is precision forged using traditional Hot-Drop Forge which results in a harder, sharper blade that is corrosion resistant and highly elastic.
- Descendants from founding craftsman still hand assemble and finish each item, including the final edging process individually ensuring blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- A curved and recessed bolster provides a seamless transition from handle to blade and supports the thumb for better balance and safety.
- The Resin-infused Pakkawood handle is heat and water resistant and provides a comfortable, steady grip.
- Made in USA by Lamson & Goodnow since 1837.